clicking the link below will not only give me nothing in cash, but will also waste 15 seconds of your time!

Friday, April 27, 2007

heh heh -- adsense

Who wouldn't be enticed when a program comes up that allows you to earn money solely depending on other people without you yourself having to work? Well, something just like it already exists! Its.....AdSense! It's free and easy to use (as indicated in the introduction page) and enables you to gain money by people clicking on the advertisement on your website!

However, within days of participating in the wonderful world of free money and actually having such an attractive advertisement on the hurricane effort, I have found that only 18 year olds and above are allowed to gain money from this convenient application of technology. This is bullshit.

Below is the feedback on how amazing AdSense is in helping desparate individuals attain a subtle form of accomplishment, being able to sqeeze a random amount of money to add to their miserable, pathetic lives spent staring at the computer screen, celebrating deep down in their hearts every cent that they made.

“At the beginning I was very concerned that I might lose traffic to competitors. I only used AdSense on a limited number of the site’s pages, and I watched the stats very carefully. If the traffic, pages per visitor, or conversion rates dropped I knew I could easily pull the ads...Since implementing AdSense, our ad revenue has increased more than tenfold, and 100 percent of my available inventory is now sold through AdSense.”
- Vik Kachoria, Entrepreneur, Real Adventure.

Watched the stats very carefully is the part i love best. I'm not saying that AdSense is a waste of whatever precious time we have left in our lives, I'm just saying that they could have more than 3 positive remarks on their service if they had allowed 15 year olds (like me) to benefit from their gift to the world. The other two remarks are below for your veiwing pleasure

“Instead of spending money to hire an additional sales rep to sell ad banners, Google ads have become a virtual sales tool for us. Now we’re able to reap thousands of dollars in additional advertising revenue each month that we would very likely have missed without Google AdSense.”
- Robert Hoskins, Editor and Group Publisher, Broadband Wireless Exchange

“Google shows targeted ads reflecting the sorts of information and services SeatGuru visitors want. For a small business like mine, this is the best approach to advertising. You set it up easily, it automatically serves relevant ads, and it takes very little of my time.”
- Matt Daimler, Founder, SeatGuru.com

http://www.google.com/services/adsense_tour/page9.html

So the question is: why not allow us 7 to 17 year olds (the age when they are normally exposed to the internet to those that can't use AdSense) to use your incredibly effective program? No no no never mind that most of the world's population of 7 to 17 year olds are connected to the internet and have a blog which you can exploit for your advertising purposes, nahhh we'd like to avoid a situation whereby both the advertising company and the host of the website benefit from your currently exclusive program.

I could comment more on this issue like how they think their better than us by being "exclusive" to 18 year olds and above, but I wanna go play my computer games now. I don't think i'll get sued or something for this will I?

Note: The AdSence on my blog will be left up there for fun. Thank you for your support

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm 15 too and I've just signed up for AdSense - do you think it's likely, seeing as you've been using AdSense, that Google will pick up on the fact that we're 15 and sue?
Just thought I'd ask you because you actually seem to know what you're talking about.